Easter Seals Ontario provides programs and services to children and youth with physical disabilities across Ontario to help them achieve greater independence, accessibility and integration.
- We provide financial assistance of up to $3 000 per year, per child to help purchase essential mobility equipment such as wheelchair, walkers, ramps or lifts.
- We own and operate two fully accessible summer camps and offer children and youth 10-day summer camp experiences. Our camping programs give kids the opportunity to stay away from home and experience a wide range of fully accessible activities, such as a high ropes course, indoor climbing wall, sailing, kayaking, white-water rafting and so much more.
- We offer a variety of scholarships for young people with physical disabilities attending post secondary education.
Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)
- Easter Seals Ontario is one of a small group of external organization who are invited to have representatives participate on the Special Education Advisory Committees of the various Boards of Education across the province. SEAC representatives help protect the rights of students with special needs by providing specific information, advice and assistance to parents/guardians whose children may require additional support.
Parent Resource Information
- We offer a virtual library of online links to various service providers, suppliers and government programs which may be of interest to parents of children and youth with physical disabilities.
Awareness and Public Education
- Easter Seals Ontario promotes and creates awareness for disability and accessibility issues through our March is Easter Seals Month campaign, media relations, direct mail, and government relations activities, and through our annual Easter Seals Telethon. Easter Seals’ staff participate on a variety of committees within the disability services sector and are periodically invited to present to various government forums.
Incontinence Supplies Grant Program
- Easter Seals Ontario administers the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program on behalf of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. This program is for children and youth with chronic disabilities that result in irreversible incontinence or retention problems lasting longer than six months requiring the use of incontinence supplies. This program is fully funded by the Ministry.
Top Up Program
- The Top Up Program “tops up” the annual amount from the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program for eligible individuals and families. This program is fully funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services, and all eligibility criteria and top up grant levels are set by this Ministry. Easter Seals Ontario acts as a transfer payment agency for this program.