Challenge yourself to move 221 km in 45 days!
There is no fee and you can join in at any time. Just have fun tracking your distance each day, and fundraise for Easter Seals kids. The Golden Heart Virtual Challenge will end on Monday, June 14, 2021.
This past year has not been easy for anyone, but can you imagine being stuck at home without the mobility and accessibility equipment you require to move around or use the washroom? This is the reality right now for many Easter Seals kids.
To help make life at home safer and more accessible for kids with physical disabilities, Easter Seals Ontario has partnered with Century 21 to bring back a Virtual Challenge to raise funds for accessibility and mobility equipment. This is an opportunity for you to get out and move in any way you choose, whether it be running, walking, cycling, rolling, swimming, or even working out, all in support of Easter Seals kids. The challenge is to move 221 km over 45 days
All progress will be tracked through our app partner MoveSpring, which is compatible with 95% of wearable fitness trackers (participants can also enter their progress manually). Use the app to check your progress on the leaderboard, unlock new milestones and connect with other challenge participants! There is no registration fee; however, we encourage participants to fundraise as they move. All funds raised will go toward purchasing urgently needed mobility and accessibility equipment for children and youth in Ontario with physical disabilities.
Century 21 and Easter Seals Ontario
Century 21 has been a partner of Easter Seals since 1979 and has raised millions of dollars to help provide incredible camp experiences for Easter Seals Kids. Did you know, that when a Century 21 agent donates $2100 to Easter Seals they receive a Golden Heart Award? Many of the Century 21 Agents participating this year will be raising $2100! You will see many of the Century 21 participants working to earn their Golden Hearts during this challenge. We are proud to partner with Century 21 on this Virtual Challenge in Support of Easter Seals kids!
They continue to fundraise through their own initiatives, Easter Seals events, and by donating a percentage of their agents’ sales. In 2020, over 616 Century 21 employees made donations to Easter Seals Ontario. Together they raised almost $249,000 for Easter Seals in Ontario in 2020.
The Nitty Gritty
- The Easter Seals Virtual Challenge, presented by Century 21 will run for a total of 45 days, beginning on May 1, 2021 and ending on June 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- You can run, walk, cycle, roll, skip, swim, or even work out, just as long as you are tracking your km in the Move Spring app!
- As your km add up in the app, you will hit certain checkpoints. We recommend that you align your checkpoint with the achievement of your fundraising goals.
- Before you hit a checkpoint you can message your friends and family from the app, or send an email, explaining your goals and asking them for support.
- This completely virtual event is happening because we can’t be with you in person (we really want to hang out!). We ask that all participants follow current public health recommendations and social distancing guidelines.
- Participants register and participate at their own risk; Easter Seals Ontario is not liable for any illness or injury caused through participation.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to online registration.
Contact The Virtual Challenge
For more information please contact the Virtual Challenge event team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Tools
Be sure to use the hashtag #GoldenHeartVirtualChallenge and tag @EasterSealsON with all your social media posts.
Posting on social media is a great way to ask for donations and have friends and families join your team. To help you out we have provided the following captions to post on social media.
Get Donations Post
“Join my team in the Virtual Challenge in support of Easter Seals kids! Run, walk, or roll 221 km and fundraise in support of children with physical disabilities.”
Build Your Team Post
“I’m taking part in the Virtual Challenge in support of Easter Seals kids. Please support me by donating to help kids with physical disabilities succeed!”