Make your move in a 50 km virtual challenge.
There is no fee and you can join in at any time! Just have fun tracking your distance each day, and fundraise for Easter Seals kids and Rotary. The Camp to Camp virtual challenge runs from September 1 to September 30, 2021.
Dear Rotarians, Easter Seals’ supporters and friends!
Looking ahead to 2022, Easter Seals is teaming up with a number of Rotary Clubs throughout Windsor-Essex County, Chatham-Kent and Sarnia-Lambton along with the City of Windsor to raise funds to support its 100th anniversary centennial celebrations, which will culminate in Windsor, Ontario; November 25-28, 2022!
What’s intriguing is that 50% of the net revenue that is individually raised by each participating Club Team will go back to that organization to support their individual community youth service projects (or international ones) as they see fit!
We invite you to MAKE YOUR MOVE, September 1-30, 2021 in support of building your community and Easter Seals kids by walking or running a minimum of 50 km!
All progress will be tracked through our app partner MoveSpring, which is compatible with 95% of wearable fitness trackers (participants can also enter their progress manually). Use the app to check your progress on the leaderboard, unlock new milestones and connect with other challenge participants! There is no registration fee; however, we encourage participants to aim for a fundraising goal of $50.
Did you know? Easter Seals, formerly The Ontario Society of Crippled Children was founded in Windsor, Ontario on November 28, 1922 as several Rotary Clubs aligned under the then president of The Rotary Club of Windsor (1918), Arthur C. Fitzgerald. The historic meeting took place in the Prince Edward Hotel, which was situated at the corner of Ouellette and Park Street, Windsor, Ontario.
Walk or run through a park, trail, path … how you choose to move is entirely up to you. MAKE YOUR MOVE!
Yours in Rotary,
The Camp to Camp Team
The Nitty Gritty
- Camp to Camp will run for a total of 30 days beginning on September 1 to September 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Please note that the 500 km route from Camp Woodeden to Camp Merrywood is purely symbolic, we are not asking that you walk or run 500 km! That would be intense.
- You can run, walk, cycle, roll, skip even as long as you are tracking your km in the Move Spring app!
- As you move across the route (seen in the app) you will hit certain checkpoints. We recommend that you align your checkpoint with the achievement of your fundraising goals.
- Before you hit a checkpoint you can message your friends and family from the app, or send an email, explaining your goals and asking them for support.
- This completely virtual event is happening because we can’t be with you in person (we really want to hang out!). We ask that all participants follow all local public health recommendations and social distancing guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Participants register and participate at their own risk; Easter Seals Ontario is not liable for any illness or injury caused through participation.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to online registration.
Contact Camp to Camp
For more information please contact the Camp to Camp event team at email@example.com.
Social Media Tools
Be sure to use the hashtag #Camp2Camp with all your social media posts.
Posting on social media is a great way to ask for donations and have friends and families join your team. To help you out we have provided the following perfectly sized images for the platform of your choice. Be sure to customize a message and link the post to your personal fundraising page.
(Click on the image below to see the full size. Right-click the full image and save.)
– Join my team in the Easter Seals Camp to Camp Virtual event! Run, walk, or roll 50 km and fundraise in support of children with physical disabilities. #Camp2Camp –
Build Your Team
– I’m taking part in the Camp to Camp virtual event. Please support me by donating to help kids with physical disabilities succeed! #Camp2Camp –