Make your move in a 50 km virtual challenge.
There is no fee and you can join in at any time! Just have fun tracking your distance each day, and fundraise for Easter Seals kids. The Camp to Camp virtual challenge will end on Saturday, August 23, 2020.
Being in isolation has not been easy for anyone, but can you imagine being stuck at home without the mobility equipment you require to move around? This is the reality right now for many Easter Seals kids.
To help make life at home safe and accessible for kids with physical disabilities, we’re introducing Easter Seals Ontario’s first fully-virtual fundraising event, Camp to Camp. This event is an opportunity for you to MAKE YOUR MOVE in support of Easter Seals kids.
All progress will be tracked through our app partner MoveSpring, which is compatible with 95% of wearable fitness trackers (participants can also enter their progress manually). Use the app to check your progress on the leaderboard, unlock new milestones and connect with other challenge participants! There is no registration fee; however, we encourage participants to aim for a fundraising goal of $150. All funds raised will go toward purchasing urgently needed mobility and accessibility equipment for children and youth in Ontario with physical disabilities.
Did you know that Easter Seals Ontario operates two fully-accessible summer camps in Ontario? Camp Woodeden is located in London and Camp Merrywood is located in Perth. The two camps are about 500 km apart. We know, it’s far! Originally we thought a challenge of 500 km might be interesting. But don’t worry, we scaled it back. Instead, we are challenging you to move 50 km between July 9, 2020 and August 23, 2020. How you choose to move is entirely up to you!
Wherever you are, whoever you’re with, get outside and make your move.
The Nitty Gritty
- Camp to Camp will run for a total of 45 days beginning on July 9 to August 23rd at 11:59 pm.
- Please note that the Route from Camp Woodeden to Camp Merrywood is purely symbolic, we are not asking that you walk or run 500 km! That would be intense.
- You can run, walk, cycle, roll, skip even as long as you are tracking your km in the Move Spring app!
- As you move across the route (seen in the app) you will hit certain checkpoints. We recommend that you align your checkpoint with the achievement of your fundraising goals.
- Before you hit a checkpoint you can message your friends and family from the app, or send an email, explaining your goals and asking them for support.
- This completely virtual event is happening because we can’t be with you in person (we really want to hang out!). We ask that all participants follow current public health recommendations and social distancing guidelines.
- Participants register and participate at their own risk; Easter Seals Ontario is not liable for any illness or injury caused through participation.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to online registration.
Contact Camp to Camp
For more information please contact the Camp to Camp event team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Tools
Be sure to use the hashtag #Camp2Camp with all your social media posts.
Posting on social media is a great way to ask for donations and have friends and families join your team. To help you out we have provided the following perfectly sized images for the platform of your choice. Be sure to customize a message and link the post to your personal fundraising page.
(Click on the image below to see the full size. Right-click the full image and save.)
– Join my team in the Easter Seals Camp to Camp Virtual event! Run, walk, or roll 50km and fundraise in support of children with physical disabilities. –
Build Your Team
– I’m taking part in the Camp to Camp Virtual event. Please support me by donating to help Kids with Physical disabilities succeed! –