Recreation Information

Every community is different and the types of programs available for children/youth with special needs will vary.  Your local Parks and Recreation Department, Children’s Treatment Centres and the following organizations should be able to help you locate a program in your area.

Easter Seals Ontario Recreation Programs

Easter Seals Ontario owns and operates two residential camps for children and youth with physical disabilities.  Family camp sessions are also available.  Alternately, funding of up to $500 is available for summer recreation programs offered by other organizations.  For more information, contact the Recreation Department at 1-800-668-6252 ext. 325 or visit

The Ontario Camping Association
Phone: (416) 485-0425 or

Able Sail Ontario
Phone: 1-888-672-SAIL (7245) or

Canadian Wheelchair Basketball Association
Phone: (613) 260-7632 or

National Capital Sports Council of the Disabled
Phone: (613) 569-7632 or

Ontario Cerebral Palsy Sports Association

Phone: (613) 723-1806 or

Ontario Track 3 Ski Association
Phone: 1-877-308-7255 or

Ontario Wheelchair Sports Association
Phone: (416) 426-7189 or

ParaSport Ontario
Phone: 1-800-265-1539 or

Recreational Respite
Phone: Greater Toronto Area (905) 813-0336 or
Surrounding Areas 1-877-855-7070

Special Olympics
Phone: (416) 927-9050 or

Variety Village
Phone: (416) 699-7167 or

YMCC-YWCA Organizations
The YMCA & YWCA run many day and residential camps throughout the province.  Contact your local YMCA/YWCA for more information. Phone: (416) 967-9622 or