SPECIAL SERVICES AT HOME (SSAH)
This program provides funding directly to families so they can purchase services to provide personal development and relief support to be a child or adult with a developmental disability or a child with a physical disability.
For more information, contact the Ministry of Children’s and Youth Services (blue pages) or visit
ASSISTANCE FOR CHILDREN WITH SEVERE DISABILITIES (ACSD)
- Children under 18 years of age
- Income based
- To help with the extraordinary costs related to caring for a child with a severe disability
For more information, contact the Ministry of Children’s and Youth Services (blue pages) or visit www.gov.on.ca/children/english/programs/needs/disabilities/index.html
ASSISTIVE DEVICES PROGRAM (ADP)
Funds equipment, supplies & oxygen
Pays up to 75% of the costs for braces, wheelchairs etc.
For more information, call 1-800-268-6021 or visit
DISABILITY TAX CREDIT
- Non-refundable tax credit
- Form T2201
DISABLED PERSON PARKING PERMIT
- This permit entitles the vehicle in which it is displayed to be parked in a designated disabled parking space.
- To qualify the individual must be unable to walk unassisted for more than 200 meters in 8 minutes or less without causing serious difficulty or danger to their safety or health. A health care provider is required to complete the application.
- This permit is valid for 5 years. There is no fee for this permit.
Applications for permits are available at all Driver and Vehicle License Issuing Offices
For more information, visit www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/app.htm
HOME RENOVATIONS (RRAP-D)
This program offers financial assistance to homeowners and landlords to undertake accessibility work to modify dwellings occupied or intended for people with disabilities.
Homeowners may apply if:
- The value of their house is below a specific amount.
- Their annual household income is below an established amount.
For more information, contact Canada Mortgage & Housing Corporation at 1-800-704-6488 or visit
PRESCRIPTION DRUGS – TRILLIUM DRUG PROGRAM
You can apply to the Trillium Drug Program if:
- You have a valid Ontario Health Card number
- Your private insurance does not cover 100% of your prescription drug costs
- You are not eligible for drug coverage under the Ontario Drug Benefit (ODA) Program
For more information, contact the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care at 1-800-268-1154 or visit www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/pub/drugs/trillium.html
Application kits are available from your local pharmacy.
NORTHERN HEALTH TRAVEL GRANT
Travel grants are funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care to help defray the transportation costs for eligible residents of Northern Ontario who must travel long distances within Ontario or to Manitoba to receive medically needed insured specialty services that are not available locally.
Application forms are available from your physician or local Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care office (see blue pages of the telephone book) or call toll free 1-800-461-4006 or visit