Easter Seals Ontario administers the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program for the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The program is for children and youth between the ages of 3 to 18 years with chronic disabilities (physical or developmental) that result in irreversible incontinence or retention problems lasting longer than six months and requiring the use of incontinence supplies. The grant is a contribution to the cost of supplies and may not cover all costs. Easter Seals Ontario acts as a transfer payment agency and has an ‘evergreen’ contract with the Government of Ontario to administer this program. This program is fully funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and follows their criteria. The budget for this program is set annually by the Ministry. To apply for the Incontinence Supplies Grant Program, please review the guidelines and fill out and submit the Incontinence Supplies Grant Application form. The application must be completed and signed by a medical physician licensed to practice in Ontario. The child must be a resident of Ontario and hold a valid Ontario health card. If you are already receiving the grant and your child is turning six years old you may be eligible to apply for an increase. Grant Level B is available to families whose children are not ready to toilet train and are using large amounts of diapers. If you wish to apply for the increase please fill out and submit the IG program Level B application along with 4 months current receipts for review.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions: Incontinence Supplies Grant Guidelines
- If this a New Registration, or you are Reapplaying: Incontinence Supplies Grant Application
- If you are already registered, but are applying for a Level B increase: Incontinence Supplies Grant Application program level B
- Réponses aux questions fréquemment posées: Incontinence Supplies Grant Guidelines (En français)
- * Nouveau * enregistrement ou pour réappliquer: Incontinence Supplies Grant Application (En français)
Incontinence Supplies Grant Application (En français) Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Locating a Diaper Supplier
We have heard from many families about the difficulty with finding diapers that meet their family’s needs, specifically in terms of cost and finding the right size. Many families struggle with the transition from child diapers to adult diapers and trying to find diapers that fit as their child grows, which can be even more challenging for families that live in remote areas. Below is a list of suppliers that have been used by families receiving the Incontinence Supplies Grant. These suppliers are all located in Ontario and have an active website where you can see their products. Some have local stores and others offer online shopping and deliver to your home. Benefits vary with each supplier. Some of the benefits offered may include:
- Availability of products not offered in retail stores
- Greater variety in sizing
- Consultants to assist with sizing and fit
- Discounts on volume purchases
- Free delivery
- Free samples
- Assistance with managing invoices; yearly summaries
Please ask the supplier you are contacting about the support they are able to offer you.
Please contact Rhonda Ruetz, Program Manager, at email@example.com with any questions or for assistance with sourcing incontinence supplies for your son or daughter.