Easter Seals Community Conference and Student Competition
Easter Seals Canada is hosting a Community Conference called: “Beyond Social Inclusion – A Closer Look at the Intersections of Employment, Education and Income Disparity for People Living with Disabilities,” which will take place on Wednesday, March 11, 2020 at the MaRS Discovery District in Toronto.
The conference is free to participate in, and aims to gather community members, families, organizations, corporate partners, policy makers and politicians together to discuss issues and challenges that are of importance to the community. Another goal is to identify measures to address these issues so as to enhance the independence, quality of life and well-being of Canadians living with disabilities, and their families.
The day-long conference is open to everyone and will include several workshops/breakout sessions conducted by subject matter experts, and a plenary session with influential guest speakers for a panel discussion that will be broadcast via live stream over the internet.
The conference will also include a student competition where Ontario students from grades 10, 11 and 12 will have the opportunity to showcase their ideas, proposals, products which address real-world accessibility issues that affect their school and/or community.
Confirmed Speakers & Presenters to-date:
• Dave Starrett (President & CEO, Easter Seals Canada)
• Michael Lifshitz (CFO, Breakaway Experiences and Founder, Illumabilities)
• Maureen Haan (President & CEO, CCRW, and Board of Directors, CASDO)
• Tina Doyle (Director of AccessAbility Services, U of T Scarborough, and Chair, Ontario Post-Secondary Education Standards Devt. Committee)
• Ronald Peters (Diversity & Inclusion, Recruitment Specialist, RBC Bank)
To Pre-Register or Volunteer, please click here.
To Visit the Facebook Event Page, please click here.