Although we can’t be physically together at camp this summer, we can still be together online at our new Camp E-aster Seals virtual camp!
All children registered with Easter Seals Ontario (previously registered for camp or not), and youth, aged 19+, previously registered for camp. Out-of-province guests, by invitation from Easter Seals Ontario.
7 weekly sessions, starting July 5th. Once registered, campers have access for the full summer.
The Leaders-In-Training (LIT) program starts June 28th and runs for 8 weeks. LITs will have access to the weekly sessions as well as the LIT program.
One online platform for all weekly session activities, with use of other platforms (Zoom, Facebook, YouTube) for live events.
A mixture of live and pre-recorded/posted material, to allow campers and families to participate when most convenient for them. Here are few of the activities campers can look forward to:
• Live virtual campfire (Sunday evenings) and end-of-session gathering (Friday evenings). These events will also be recorded and posted for later viewing.
• One activity in each of six program areas (Arts & Crafts, Music & Drama, Sports & Games, Outdoor Adventure, Science, Life Skills) will be posted on Monday mornings for campers to pick and choose activities to do at home, at their convenience.
• We’re aiming to minimize the need for a lot of supplies and offering programs that complement activities campers are already doing at home.
• Campers will be able to share and socially engage on the online platforms with their peers.
• Morning “Flagpole” video — greeting from staff, riddle of the day, quote of the day, etc. This will be posted for viewing at any time.
• Weekly virtual camp “guests” — speakers, musicians, athletes — to join in social interaction with campers.
Register online at eastersealscamps.org, free-of-charge. You will then receive a reference code for access to the virtual camp website.
We understand families have other commitments or schedules to accommodate, so our intention is to make virtual camp as BURDEN-FREE as possible. There is NO MINIMUM COMMITMENT for participation, and campers and families are welcome to join in as little or as much as they would like.
Ultimately, we’re hoping to provide campers with a way of STAYING CONNECTED to each other and to camp through a VARIETY of OPTIONAL activities.
Want to know more? Visit the website and watch Camp E-aster Seals Explained video to see what’s in-store for our virtual campers this summer!