The journey starts on Thursday, July 9 but you can join in at any time!
Camp to Camp will end on Saturday, August 22, 2020.
Being in isolation has been no easy feat, but imagine being in the confines of your own home without the proper mobility equipment to get around. This is the reality right now, for many Easter Seals kids.
To help raise funds to help Easter Seals kids face everyday accessibility challenges, we’re introducing Easter Seals Ontario’s first fully-virtual fundraising event, Camp to Camp. This event is an opportunity for you to MAKE YOUR MOVE in support of Easter Seals kids.
Did you know that Easter Seals Ontario operates two fully-accessible summer camps in Ontario? Camp Woodeden is located in London and Camp Merrywood is located in Perth. The two camps are about 500 kms apart! We know, it’s far! Originally we thought a challenge of 500km might be interesting. Don’t worry we scaled it back and instead we are challenging you to move 50 kms between July 9, 2020 and August 22, 2020. How you choose to move is entirely up to you!
While working towards your 50 km goal, don’t forget to raise funds for Easter Seals kids. We’re challenging individuals to raise $150 and teams to raise $500.
Wherever you are, whoever you’re with, get outside and make your move.
The Nitty Gritty
- Camp To Camp will run for a total of 45 days beginning on June 25 and 9:00 and to August 9th at 11:59 pm.
- Please note that the Route from Camp Woodeden to Camp Merrywood is purely symbolic, we are not asking that you walk or run 500 km! That would be intense.
- You can run, walk, cycle, roll, skip even as long as you are tracking your KM in the Move Spring App!
- As you move across the route (seen in the app) you will hit certain checkpoint. We recommend that as you reach certain checkpoints you are reaching your fundraising goals.
- Before you hit a checkpoint you can message your friends and family from the app, or send an email, explaining your goals and asking them for support!
- This completely virtual event is happening, because we can’t be with you in person. (We really want to hang out!) During this time we ask that you abide by all current, federal, provincial and municipal laws as well as public health recommendations.
- Participants register and participate at their own risk; Easter Seals Ontario is not liable for any illness or injury caused through participation
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver prior to online registration.
Contact Camp to Camp
For more information please contact the Camp to Camp event team at firstname.lastname@example.org.