Our Pledge to You
Easter Seals Ontario (“Easter Seals”), is committed to protecting your privacy. Most importantly,
- Your right to confidentiality and privacy will be protected.
- Your personal information will not be sold, traded, or rented to others.
- You will not receive marketing e-mail from this organization unless you have consented to receive it.
Easter Seals adheres to the following ethical codes and practices:
The Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) exists to foster the development and growth of fundraising professionals and the profession, to promote high ethical standards in the fundraising profession and to preserve and enhance philanthropy and volunteerism.
The ePhilanthropy Foundation exists to foster the effective and safe use of the Internet for philanthropic purposes. Easter Seals manages this web site in strict accordance with the prescribed Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. Easter Seals is committed to high standards that require honesty, integrity and fairness in all relationships.
The following policy discloses the privacy practices for our web site. However, our site contains links to other sites. Once you link to another site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the new site. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of all web sites you visit, especially if you share any personal information.
Use of Your Personal Information
Your Registration and Financial Information
Occasionally, we make our donor list available to reputable charitable organizations whose mission may be of interest to you. In addition, Easter Seals uses personal registration information in the following ways:
- To guide development of new features and services relevant to our web site visitors.
- To provide advertisers with summary – never individual – information about the web site’s overall usage patterns.
- To focus promotional activity on your preferences.
Easter Seals does not:
- Collect personal information about you unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Use techniques that collect personal information about you without your knowledge.
- Transfer your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes. Any personally identifiable data about our customers or web site visitors is stored securely.
- Collect personal information about children (under 18 years of age) without the express, positive consent of their parent or guardian.
We will be pleased to inform you of the existence, any use, and disclosure of personally identifying information, and provide you with access to that personal information, within 30 (thirty) days of a receipt of a written request directed to Easter Seals, subject to exceptions assigned by law. You do not need to give personal information to receive information from this site.
Easter Seals uses the services of Artez Interactive to capture credit card transactions and issue eTax Receipts, employing a process that is approved by Canada Customs and Revenue Agency. Easter Seals employs TD Online Mart to provide payment services. In the event of unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card provider in accordance
with its reporting rules and procedures.
You will not receive marketing e-mail from this organization unless you have consented to receive it; we do not send ‘spam’ (unsolicited marketing e-mail). Also, in every online communication we will afford you the opportunity to elect to not receive further online communications.
From time to time we may use e-mail as a way to keep in touch with our existing customers and other interested individuals. If you agree to receive e-mail communications from us, every e-mail message we send to you will include an e-mail address to which you can respond. If at any time you wish to have your e-mail address deleted from our marketing lists, contact Easter Seals with the words “CANCEL MAIL” in the subject line. Please allow two to three business days for the cancellation to take effect. We will do the same with your mailing address and telephone number, on request.
We give you opt-out options wherever practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering.
- Opting not to participate in Interactive Areas.
- Opting not to receive e-mail from Easter Seals.
Use of Your Non-personal Information
Our site’s operating system may automatically record some general information about your visit, such as:
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider, such as ‘company.com’ or ‘service.ca’ and the IP address of the computer accessing the web site.
- The type of browser (such as ‘Netscape version x’ or ‘Internet Explorer version x’) you are using .
- The type of operating system you are using (such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows)
- The date and time you visit our site and the Web pages that you visit on our site, along with the address of the previous Web site you were visiting, if you linked to us from another Web site.
We use this information for statistical analysis, to constantly improve the value of the content and services available on this web site. This information enables us to tell which areas of the site are of most interest to our users, which avenues of site promotion are most effective, and to pinpoint peak usage times. We may disclose this non-personal information to third parties such as strategic partners, sponsors, or advertisers and/or use it for auditing purposes. This tracking system does not record personal information about individuals or link this information to any personal data collected.
Use of Your Comments Submitted to the Comments Forum
Web site visitors provide Easter Seals with feedback and comments, and receive answers from Easter Seals via the Comments Forum. If you submit comments, you grant Easter Seals a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicencable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such feedback throughout the world in any media and hereby waive in favour of Easter Seals all of your moral rights in such feedback. You also grant Easter Seals the right to use the name you submit with the feedback, if any, in connection with the feedback. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to such feedback and have the full right and authority to provide such feedback and that such feedback is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy or without restriction otherwise injurious to third parties.
TD Online Mart uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology to ensure the integrity and privacy of the personal and credit card information you pass to us via the Internet when you make an online donation or place an order for materials or services online. However, to take advantage of this, you must use a compatible browser. This technology safeguards your personal information and guarantees privacy. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number and expiry date so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
Easter Seals welcomes your questions and comments about privacy, in addition to any aspect of your experience on our web site. Please feel free to contact us.
Easter Seals is committed to resolving disputes quickly and efficiently. In the event that the dispute cannot be settled through our normal internal processes, Easter Seals is committed to using an independent third party dispute resolution process. This process can be initiated through the above e-mail address only after our normal internal processes have been completed. In the event the issue relates to private information, Easter Seals will not use or distribute any private information without express permission. All disputes in arbitration will be resolved under the laws of Ontario.